Thursday, February 7, 2013

Writing with Vulnerability

Today I determined that I would not read my emails, answer the phone, get distracted by the hundreds of tasks I should be doing, or allow myself to check out Facebook before I wrote.

Success!

I wrote one of the best chapters and one of the hardest I have ever written. It is the chapter I have been postponing writing for over a year - because it would require me to immerse myself back into feeling deeply and being completely vulnerable. It would require intense focus, no distractions, and making sure it was written with the right feelings. This chapter would lay out my soul for the reader and it is scary to think about being that vulnerable and open.

But with the lessons I have learned this week and the reminders I have received, I knew I was ready to write it. First draft... done.

Whew. It feels so good - almost like I have spewed my soul onto the page and then I can work on refining it. Tears were shed during the process. Exhausting and yet somewhat empowering.

I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment