Monday, February 11, 2013

10 Tips for Becoming a Better Writer

English: penulis = writer
English: penulis = writer (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

10 Tips for Becoming a Better Writer

A writer is a writer when he says he is.
—Steven Pressfield

In my journey to become a better writer, I have been doing a lot of reading and learning about other writers and their tips for success. Not every tip will work for every writer, and processes may be different for each of us. However, this article I read today resonated with me and I think these tips are dead on: http://goinswriter.com/writing-tips/

  •     Write every day.
  •     Make sure your writing is effective.
  •     Don’t be lazy; do your best to avoid sounding stupid.
  •     Stay focused! Distraction is the enemy of all great art.
  •     Stop worrying about being a good writer; just write.
  •     Forget about fame; write what’s worth writing.
  •     Get over your perfectionist tendencies.
  •     Don’t write to get published.
  •     Write with conviction.
  •     Read.
My advice... embrace the dream and then get to work!
Love to all!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment