Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pondering

I have been pondering a lot about the direction of life - how we each have ups and downs, we each struggle to learn and figure things out, we each have pain and joy, we each deal with the good and the bad. The tragedy in Boston yesterday reminded me how fragile and precious life is - and that in a split second - the direction of a life can be drastically changed or ended. My heart goes out to all who have been affected. I sorrow that anyone could desire to cause pain to others.

Yet, what will come from tragedy? I have seen the human spirit soar and rise above conditions that seem impossible and completely devastating. I have witnessed individuals who offer support, forgiveness and love in the face of anger, pain, and loss. I pray for peace and love and kindness and know that good will ultimately win.

I am reminded of Corrie Ten Boom, one of my heroes. She was a true survivor and powerhouse of faith. She went to the depths and lived against all odds. She inspires me more than most... because she truly lived... Simply... Faithfully. She loved when love seemed to be impossible.

Today, this is my writing... feeling deeply for all who are suffering around the world... sending love and prayers to all who struggle or are in pain... and feeling such gratitude for the gospel of Jesus Christ which can bring healing and peace to any who seek.

Love to all! 

Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: